Humania Assurance Inc. is a Quebec-based insurance company that distributes its products across Canada. Their headquarter is located in Saint-Hyacinthe.
Humania is one of the oldest and most solid insurance companies in Canada.
Founded in 1874 as Survivance, a mutual life insurance company, the company was established by Union Saint-Joseph de Saint-Hyacinthe, a mutual aid society. As a mutual insurance company, La Survivance's mission was to help its insureds meet their financial obligations, mainly in the event of health problems or accidental disability, and in the event of death.
Then, at the dawn of its 75th year, La Survivance split into two separate entities in 2012, one of which became Humania. The strategy behind this repositioning was to choose a bilingual name that better reflected the human values at the heart of the company.While the trend is towards consolidation, Humania has distinguished itself by deciding to specialize its activities primarily in life and health insurance.
Widely recognized for awards and distinctions, Humania is a company Canadians can trust. Ranked among the Top 100 best small and medium-sized businesses, Humania takes the well-being of its 200 or so employees to heart.
Emma + Humania
Humania Assurance Inc. is the carrier behind our Emma life insurance product. Since November 2019, Emma and Humania have been working in partnership to revolutionize the industry.
Humania's mission is to design and offer health insurance products that focus on innovation to meet the changing needs of Canadians by making insurance accessible in terms of price, market, eligibility, type of product, purchasing process, approach and understanding.
In line with their mission, the mutual insurance company launched its HuGO platform in 2017, a faster way to assess the needs of its clients.
To become a key player in the selection of consumer health insurance products.
For Humania, it is possible to be a modern and dynamic insurance company while still being 75 years old.
As a medium-sized mutual insurance company, it is confident that it can offer innovative products that compete with the largest insurance players in the Canadian market.
With an increase in gross premium income, the Quebec insurer seems on track to remain a major player.
- Innovation, the only path to a promising future.
- Empathy, inseparable from their mutual company culture.
- Team spirit, the ability to trust their colleagues and show solidarity.
- Competence, the best of themselves.
- Integrity, essential to the bond of trust between Humania and its clients.
In keeping with its fundamental values, Humania contributes to the social, economic and environmental progress of the communities in which the company operates. Whether through its financial or human commitment, the company is proud to support the achievement of concrete actions.
Growing while respecting its values
Humania intends to pursue its development without forgetting its roots. Its mission still leaves, even today, an important place to support its members by offering them superior quality products and top-notch service. The company's ambition now is to increasingly expand its markets operating in all Canadian provinces. To do so, it will rely on the core values that have guided it for the past 75 years.
The company and its employees do not hesitate to put their expertise to work for young people and humanitarian and charitable organizations.
Every year, the company's employees join forces to participate in Centraide Richelieu-Yamaska's annual campaign. The success of their campaigns is based on the generosity of their employees, their participation in organized activities and the company's major contribution.
Moreover, the insurance company and its employees have been among the top corporate donors in the greater Richelieu-Yamaska region for many years.
Always in line with its mutualist values, Humania has been supporting the week for the promotion of professional behaviour since 2000. This week is organized by the Cégep de Saint-Hyacinthe for students in different programs. In addition, to help students in precarious financial situations, the company has contributed to the fundraising campaign of the Fondation du Cégep de Saint-Hyacinthe.
In addition, Humania is a major sponsor of the Health Bike Challenge organized by the Fondation du centre d'hébergement de l'Hôtel-Dieu de Saint-Hyacinthe.
Life insurance products
Life insurance is coverage for your loved ones that guarantees they won't find themselves in financial trouble in the event of your death. It is an agreement between you and Humania that commits, upon your death, to pay the amount of the insured capital. Humania offers different products that adapt to your situation.
Term Life Insurance
Some features of this life insurance:
- Humania offers a term life insurance product for people aged 0 to 70 that adapts to your needs with renewable coverage at ages 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 80.
- Term life insurance policies at Humania can provide coverage from $50,000 to $2,000,000.
- Your term life insurance will terminate on the policy anniversary date in the year you turn 80.
- You can add up to eight riders to your life insurance policy. You can convert your term life insurance to a permanent life insurance policy until age 65.
- Your new premium will be based on the insured person's age, the premium rates in effect at the time of conversion and the risk class of the insured person.
Life insurance without medical examination
Some people with special situations have been refused life insurance. This Humania Insurance life insurance product is tailor-made for people between the ages of 18 and 70 who have difficulty obtaining life insurance coverage for medical or other reasons.
To apply, simply answer the six questions required to be eligible. You will be covered immediately when your application is received by the insurer.
Life insurance coverage without a medical exam allows you to buy instant, simple to understand and easy to obtain coverage.
Some features of this life insurance:
- Premium in case of death up to $300,000
- Immediate protection
- Insurance premium based on your actual age
- Allows you to buy critical illness and disability insurance
- Guaranteed renewal up to age 80
Survidor Life Insurance
Survidor Life Insurance is a simple and guaranteed life insurance coverage for people between the ages of 25 and 75 years old. The amount of coverage varies between $1,000 and $15,000. In addition, the sum insured is increased by 20% after the 16th year of your coverage.
Some features of this life insurance:
- Just like the life insurance without medical examination, Survidor does not require any medical examination.
- The coverage offers guaranteed level premiums that you will pay for 25 years. In the event of natural death in the 1st year of your policy, the amount of premiums paid will be refunded to your beneficiaries.
- This is instant life insurance coverage. You will be covered as soon as you receive your policy.
- You can pay your premiums in two ways: monthly or annually.
Humania offers a wide range of products, including health and critical illness insurance.
One of these products, Prodige insurance, combines life insurance with critical illness insurance, and exists to protect you and your loved ones in the event you are diagnosed with a critical illness such as cancer, stroke or heart attack.
With Prodige, you will receive a lump sum payment (between $25,000 and $1,000,000) in the event that you are diagnosed with one of the illnesses covered by your insurance. Coverage is flexible: you can choose to cover from 4 to 25 illnesses. To receive the sum insured, you choose the life insurance rider, which makes Prodige a perfect life and health insurance coverage.
You can choose to pay your premiums for life, for 20 years or until age 65.
Childrens 360 is a critical illness insurance coverage that exists to save you from having to make heartbreaking choices in the event your toddler is diagnosed with a covered illness. This insurance is for children between the ages of 30 days and 15 years.
- Insurance coverage from $10,000 to $50,000;
- Coverage against 37 conditions and critical illnesses, many of which are specific to children;
- Guaranteed fixed premium amount up to age 75;
- Amount of insurance paid directly to parents;
- Quick web quote and instant issue.
You can choose between two types of coverage: Critical Illness Insurance or Critical Illness or Life Insurance.
Childrends 360 also grants you free access to the Best Doctors Network, a renowned medical support and resource service.
5575 Health Insurance
5575 Health Insurance is an insurance plan that protects you for health care that is not covered by provincial health insurance. Three different products are available: Cancer insurance, hospitalization insurance and medical expenses insurance.
This coverage will provide you with a benefit of up to $75,000. This product covers both minor and major cancers.
- The benefit amount varies between $5,000 and $75,000 for a major cancer;
- In the case of a minor cancer, you will receive 15% of the insurance amount;
- In the event of death, you will receive 15% of the insurance amount;
- Your premiums are guaranteed for 10 years;
- You can add up to five riders to cover other common illnesses and operations.
An insurance coverage designed to cover expenses that are not covered by public health insurance.
- Up to $150 per day benefit.
- Your benefit will be doubled if you are hospitalized in an intensive care unit.
- You may receive a benefit for day surgery, recovery from hospital and a stay in a rehabilitation centre.
- Tax-free payment if you are hospitalized in Canada.
Medical Expense Insurance
Many Canadians no longer have access to their group insurance when they retire. This insurance product is designed to provide lifetime coverage of up to $10,000 in medical expenses.
- Receive up to $40 per session with a health care professional.
- Receive unlimited benefits for ambulance transportation.
- Receive up to $1,000 for services such as diagnostics and laboratory fees.
- Receive up to $1,000 for casts, slings and hernia bands.
- Receive up to $500 for your hearing aids.
- Receive up to $500 for dental care caused by an accident.