Emma’s life insurance, what’s that?
After working with hundreds of moms, we noticed that no life insurance was adapted to the reality of young families. So we decided to create a special one just for them.
Emma’s life insurance stands out from other insurance companies with a simplified questionnaire of about 20 questions, many of which include the reality of a pregnant woman, access to chat every day from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., and one of the best prices on the market.
Emma makes it easy for young parents to obtain their life insurance coverage.
Here’s an example of life insurance protection based on the profile of a healthy, 30-year-old non-smoking woman.
life insurance online
Parent + Children
Life insurance $400,000 to age 65
Life insurance $25,000/child
Based on the profile of a healthy, 30-year-old non-smoking woman.
What is life insurance?
- Life insurance is achieving peace of mind. Concretely, it is a lump sum amount of money, not tax-deductible, that is offered to your loved ones following your death.
- Having a life insurance policy means offering the promise of financial security to the people who count on you.
How does life insurance work?
- First, you choose the term of your insurance policy and then the amount of insurance that will be paid out if you pass away.
- Then, you pay a monthly or annual insurance premium to be insured. At Emma, we make sure we find the best life insurance for your needs at the best price.
- In the event of your death, the beneficiaries, those you have chosen to cover with your life insurance, will receive the amount of money to protect them against this unfortunate event.
Why take life insurance protection?
Life insurance is crucial to financially protect your family. It allows you to leave a tax-free amount in the event of your death. Life insurance can also be used to cover a mortgage, car loan or personal loan.
At Emma, we offer an effective online solution, and it won’t cost you more to find your life insurance with us. The price will be the same whether you buy with Emma, from another broker or directly from the insurer.
- The difference is that we compare prices quickly to find the best insurance without you having to leave your house.
- The difference is also that we don’t work on commission. We have no advantage in selling you an overly expensive insurance policy that doesn’t suit your needs.
- As for permanent life insurance, it does not expire, and the amount of coverage can vary over time. This type of life insurance is better suited for people with more complicated financial situations or those who have estate planning needs.
How to buy life insurance with Emma?
Here are the 3 easy steps:
- Validate your eligibility: check your eligibility for Emma’s life insurance by answering a few health questions.
- Calculate your needs: calculate the ideal life insurance coverage to protect your family with our smart calculator.
- Get your price: select your coverage and chat with an Emma’s expert to get your life insurance.
Emma ranks among the best prices on the market for young parents.
When do I get life insurance?
Beneficiaries can receive life insurance after the death of the insured. The first step is to send the supporting documents to the life insurance company so that they can process the application.
How can my family claim for life insurance?
An insurance company must pay out the sum insured within 30 days of receiving information supporting the death of the insured. These supporting documents are:
- Proof of the insured’s death;
- Proof of the insured’s age;
- Proof that the person claiming the insured amount is entitled to it.
What is the capital of a life insurance policy?
Life insurance provides you with protection in the event of death. It takes the form of a contract in which an insurer undertakes to pay you the sum insured in exchange for a premium paid monthly or annually.
What's the minimum amount of life insurance?
If you want information about life insurance, Emma is here. You can use our calculator to get the minimum amount of life insurance you need to protect your family.
How can I proceed?
- First, you’ll need some necessary information. The more information we have about your lifestyle and finances, the more accurate our quotes will be. Insurance companies may ask you to provide more specific information. But, for now, you should be able to answer all the questions.
- Then, you need to ask yourself how much life insurance is necessary for you. This will depend on your debts, investments, assets, future expenses that are already planned and any other factors that may affect your finances. Generally, the amount of insurance that would be paid to your family should be an amount representing approximately 10 to 12 times your current salary. This ensures that your loved ones will not be in trouble for many years to come.
- Finally, use Emma's services to purchase life insurance coverage today. Also, we have the option of comparing the different quotes offered by other insurers. We will help you choose the insurance policy that best suits your needs from among all the offers from Quebec’s largest insurance companies.
Whatever your situation, our team will make sure there’s a life insurance product that suits your needs.
What is the purpose of life insurance?
Life insurance is a financial instrument that allows the insured to obtain financial protection to financially safeguard his loved ones in the event of death.
Term or permanent life insurance?
- There are two categories of life insurance: Term life insurance and whole life insurance. While term life insurance lasts only for a specific period, permanent life insurance will always remain in force as long as the insurance premium is paid.
- Term life insurance is less expensive and is simpler to manoeuvre: you pay a monthly or annual premium. Then, in the event of your death, a fixed amount is paid to your loved ones. Unlike permanent life insurance, a term insurance policy expires after a set period. Most people buy term life insurance because it’s less expensive and simpler.
- On the other hand, whole life insurance does not expire, and the amount of insurance can change over time. This type of life insurance is best suited for people with more complicated financial situations or estate planning needs.
Note that there are several different types of term and permanent life insurance.
What is the average cost of life insurance?
A life insurance policy can provide a large amount of money at a reasonable cost. Yet, according to one study, more than half of people think that term life insurance is more expensive than it is. Find out your life insurance needs and calculate your price.
What influences the price of life insurance?
Several factors will affect the price of your life insurance premium. Like all types of insurance, life insurance is there to protect you in the event of an unexpected death. The higher your risk of death is, the more insurers will increase your premium. Here are some factors that affect your life insurance premium.
- Policy type
First, the type of policy you choose. There are as many life insurance products as there are unique situations. The product you choose will influence the base price of your insurance policy.
Being healthy is good for you!
Insuring yourself at a young age will cost you less, as you are less likely to die unexpectedly. Every year that you wait to get insurance, the price of your policy will increase by 8 to 10%.
Generally speaking, men will pay more than women to get insurance.
Life insurance, who is it for?
A U.S. Federal Reserve Board report released in 2019 shows that nearly 40% of adults would have trouble paying a $400 contingency amount, and 12% would be unable to pay that amount. The role of life insurance is to protect your loved ones who are affected by your financial situation.
“So simple, especially with our crazy lives! I was able to wash my dishes, read a story and put my kids to bed for the night while completing my online application!”
There are many different types of people taking an insurance policy.
As long as they are dependent on you, your children have many expenses. Having life insurance is about making sure they are never left alone before they need to be.
- Married couples
Legally married couples also mean choosing to share finances and financial problems in the event of an unexpected death.
Having a home often means having a large mortgage. Since this is the most expensive debt for most people, it’s a good idea to protect yourself with life insurance that will last at least as long as your mortgage.
Student debt leaves loved ones in a quandary. You’re never too young to protect yourself.
- Business owners
Like married couples, being in business is a financial union. Many entrepreneurs have life insurance to ensure that their business will continue, no matter what happens.
Whatever your situation, there is a life insurance product that suits your needs. Even if you don’t think you’ll leave anyone in the lurch in the event of your death, there are ways to make your life insurance benefit a foundation or museum, for example.
Life insurance company?
It is essential to deal with an insurer you trust and who is right for you. Most people will choose the cheapest insurer, but your insurer must meet your needs according to your situation.
At Emma, we are affiliated with all the major insurers in Canada. Therefore, you can choose the best life insurance in Canada with confidence.
To help you choose, we’ve put together a list of insurance companies. You can find life insurance companies such as Sun Life, Manulife, Empire Life, Canada Life Humania, iA Financial Group, iA Excellence, Canada Protection Plan, Desjardins, etc.