Who is SunLife?
Recognizing that managing finances can be a complex and time-consuming exercise, Sun Life Financial helps clients plan for their day-to-day lives and the future with financial management advice. The company also focuses on what's most precious - life. Because financial health means physical health, Sun Life also aims to help you achieve your daily goals, whether it's climbing a mountain or teaching your children to take their first bike ride.
The company offers a wide range of products and services to six million Canadians across the country:
- Financial advice and planning;
- Life, travel and health insurance products;
- Investments and savings products for individuals, groups, and public and private organizations;
- Effective pension and benefits solutions and wellness strategies for businesses and their employees;
- Personalized health-focused programs;
- Specialized business solutions for financial risk reduction;
- Innovative technology and accessible, efficient customer service.
A proven track record
Sun Life has a 150-year track record of delivering on its commitments to the community, customers, financial allies and shareholders.
Sun Life Financial is an active company with the means to achieve its ambitions, thanks in part to its high-quality credit ratings. Committed to best management and ethical practices, Sun Life is also committed to sound risk management. Just as we are committed to working for the financial and physical health of our customers, we strive to build relationships based on the well-being and sustainability of the communities we work with. With operations around the world, Sun Life's strength also lies in our diversified financial operations.
Life insurance is a form of coverage that will protect your loved ones from financial instability in the event of an unexpected death. When the insured person dies, the company commits to paying a sum of money to your beneficiaries. Life insurance products vary greatly and adapt to your needs at the time. The amount and type of life insurance will affect the cost of your insurance, as will your personal characteristics: age, gender, health and lifestyle.
SunLife's life insurance products
Do you need life insurance? Is someone financially dependent on you?
If the answer is yes, life insurance could be an effective way to ensure the financial security of your loved ones.
Also, be sure to make sure that your workplace life insurance meets all your insurance needs and keep in mind that this coverage usually ends when you change jobs.
Term life insurance
Term life insurance is the most accessible insurance coverage. Affordable and easier to understand, it's a coverage that adapts to your reality.
Term coverage, the cost of your coverage will be the same until your renewal date arrives. It's simple: in the event of the death of the insured, the beneficiaries receive a tax-free lump sum. In most cases, term insurance gives you the option to convert your term coverage to permanent coverage without having to provide medical test results again.
Simplified Go SunLife Term Life Insurance
- Choose a life insurance amount of $50,000, $75,000 or $100,000;
- Benefit from guaranteed monthly payments for 10 years;
- Answer only three health questions to qualify for coverage online.
SunLife Go Term Life Insurance
- Choose a life insurance amount between $100,000 and $1,000,000;
- Benefit from guaranteed monthly payments for 10 or 20 years depending on the term you choose;
- Answer a few questions about your health online.
- Choose a life insurance amount between $50,000 and $15,000,000;
- Benefit from guaranteed premiums for the term of your policy (10, 15, 20 or 30 years).
Sun Life Term
- Choose between $250,000 and $15,000,000;
- Guaranteed premiums for the life of your policy (10, 15, 20 or 30 years.)
Permanent life insurance
Permanent life insurance, also known as whole life insurance, provides coverage for life. Some permanent life insurance policies have a cash surrender value, an amount of money that belongs to you and that increases over time.
The amount you pay for your permanent insurance is usually guaranteed. This means that it will not increase for the life of your policy. Some products also offer you the option of paying for your entire policy over a set period of time without having to pay once the period is over.
Do you need permanent life insurance?
Permanent life insurance is suitable for individuals who are looking for coverage for life and whose price will not change. In addition, permanent life insurance meets the needs of those who want to provide protection that will cover all the costs associated with an unexpected death: funeral expenses, debt repayment and estate.
Go SunLife Guaranteed Life Insurance
- Lifetime coverage;
- Guaranteed eligibility for life insurance coverage between $5,000 and $25,000;
- No medical exam required; apply online quickly.
SunSpectrum Permanent Life Insurance II
- Lifetime coverage;
- SunSpectrum Permanent Life Insurance is a turnkey product that's perfect for those looking for guaranteed coverage that's easy to understand.
SunLife Permanent Life Insurance
- $250,000 to $10,000,000 lifetime guaranteed coverage;
- Option to increase your coverage amount if your needs change.
Participating Life Insurance
Participating Life Insurance provides permanent insurance coverage that includes a cash surrender value with the potential for greater growth. The amount of insurance is guaranteed for life as long as you pay your premiums.
What's more, you can choose to make dividend payments with which you can reduce your premiums or purchase more insurance coverage. Your dividends will earn interest over time, but you can choose to withdraw them for any purpose you wish.
Do I need permanent participating life insurance?
Participating life insurance meets the needs of people who want to:
- combine life insurance with savings products;
- use new savings solutions for retirement or estate planning;
- and have peace of mind about the impact of inflation on the premium in the event of death.
SunLife Protection for life with participation II
Is a permanent life insurance coverage that provides long-term growth in both the death premium and the cash value.
SunLife Accumulator for life with participation II
Is a permanent life insurance plan that provides rapid cash value growth and long-term premium growth in the event of death.
SunLife Acceleration for Life with participation II
Is an eight-year paid-up permanent life insurance plan that provides rapid cash value growth and long-term premium growth in the event of death.
Universal life insurance
- Universal life insurance is a combination of insurance and savings product.
- Your premium amount in the event of your death is guaranteed.
- Any additional payments you make on top of your premiums earn interest.
- You can also use these payments to increase the amount of coverage you have.
Do I need universal life insurance?
This product may be right for you if you:
- Have reached the maximum amounts in your RRSPs and TFSAs and are looking for ways to diversify your savings products;
- Want to leave as much money as possible to your heirs;
- Are an entrepreneur looking to protect your business.
SunSpectrum Universal Life II
- Permanent Life Insurance provides long-term protection with a savings product that will grow in value over time;
- With the bonus on your guaranteed investments, you will be rewarded the longer you maintain your investments in your account;
- Individual and two-person contracts available;
- A diversified range of investment products is available.
SunLife Universal Life II
- It's Sun Life's product with the most options for combining life insurance with investment products;
- With 5 options for your death benefit and 6 options for your premium amount, you're sure to have coverage that meets your needs;
- Individual and two-person plans available;
SunLife Pro Universal Life II
- Life insurance providing you with protection to help you achieve your financial and personal goals;
- With 3 options for your premium in the event of death and 3 options for the amount of your premiums, you are guaranteed coverage that meets your needs;
- Individual and two-person policies available;
- Three investment options are available, including one with a guaranteed minimum interest rate.