About SSQ Insurance
Since its foundation, SSQ Insurance's goal has been to offer insurance products that will serve the interests of its members and ensure their financial security.
SSQ Insurance is one of the largest financial institutions in Canada, representing:
- Over 3 million clients
- More than 2,000 employees
- 12 billion in assets under management
Founded in 1944 in Quebec City, SSQ Insurance is a mutual company that has always been committed to the community. With $12 billion in assets under management, SSQ Insurance is a flagship of the Quebec economy and one of the largest insurance companies in Canada.
Serving more than 3 million clients on a daily basis and employing over 2,000 people, SSQ is a leading figure in group insurance. SSQ Insurance is also known for its individual insurance products, investment products and property and casualty insurance.
SSQ Insurance is also a company born out of the grassroots, for whom cooperation is not only a goal, but also part of its DNA. SSQ Insurance was founded to counter the disparities between different social groups by offering them competitive tools.
Why life insurance?
In the event of the death of the insured, your life insurance coverage pays a tax-free amount to your beneficiaries. With this amount, you will be able to pay funeral expenses, leave an inheritance to your loved ones or pay off the debts left behind.a death is a distressing event in itself. Avoiding the financial inconveniences of a death can make it easier to get through the ordeal. Even if your employer-sponsored group insurance plan includes life insurance, it's important to make sure that it covers your needs in the event of accidental death.
Awards and honours
SSQ Insurance is proud of every award it receives, which is tangible proof of the efforts its employees make to offer the best for their clients.
Since its inception, SSQ Insurance has made it a priority to reconcile financial and economic issues with social and environmental concerns.
Donations and sponsorships
To celebrate its 75th anniversary in 2019, SSQ Insurance has allocated a special budget to the SSQ Insurance Foundation. The SSQ Foundation has donated more than $500,000 to 27 different organizations.
Mission and Values
The mission of the SSQ Foundation is to serve the interests of its members and clients by offering insurance products that will ensure their financial security. Their mission is to serve the interests of their members and clients by offering them insurance products that will ensure their financial security. This translates into quality, competitive services that will enable them to establish a financial strategy for their entire life.
SSQ Insurance is proud to include mutualism and cooperation in its management strategy. This is reflected in the election of a majority of its directors by its members.
With high-performance, easy-to-use tools and quality customer service, SSQ Insurance aims to offer a service that is accessible to all. This also includes access to information that is clear, intelligible and relevant to all.
Developing its expertise over the past 75 years, the company offers insurance products that are adapted to the needs of its clients. SSQ Insurance employs qualified people who are motivated by the work they do well, and by the efficiency and thoroughness that their clients deserve. Social CommitmentSSQ Insurance helps humanitarian and community organizations by providing financial support for a wide range of social projects and by encouraging its employees to give their time to these projects. IntegrityIn order to build long-term relationships based on trust with its clients, employees, members, partners and community, SSQ adheres to high standards with respect to labour standards and confidentiality.
SSQ Insurance is committed to offering products that truly meet the needs of its clients and to respecting the confidentiality of their personal information.
Individual Life Insurance Products
Life insurance is a type of coverage that provides for the payment of a tax-free amount of money to your beneficiaries in the event of the death of the insured. You can use this amount to cover the financial difficulties associated with this difficult event: funeral expenses, debts, or simply to leave a legacy to your heirs.
Although the group insurance offered by your employer often covers a large part of the costs associated with a death, it is wise to find out if personal life insurance could be beneficial to you.
SSQ Life Insurance offers three products: term life insurance, permanent life insurance and universal life insurance.
Tempo Plus Term Life Insurance
This is the most flexible insurance product at a low price. It is the most flexible insurance product at a low price and can be adapted to your personal or business needs over a period of 10 to 40 years. Traditional life insurance, its operation is simple: in the event of your death, your beneficiaries will receive a premium in the event of your death according to the amount you have chosen.
The advantages of a term life insurance:
- Flexible and low cost protection;
- The amount of your premiums is guaranteed for the entire duration of the contract;
- The renewal of your contract at 5 years allows you to adapt it to your mortgage needs;
- If you wish, you can convert your insurance policy into permanent life insurance without a medical examination;
- In certain situations, you can increase the amount of your life insurance by 25% up to $100,000;
- Possibility of adding riders to your policy, such as child insurance, disability protection or critical illness insurance.
Permanent life insurance
Permanent life insurance provides lifelong protection for your loved ones.
With or without a cash value, you can choose to pay your insurance premiums for 20 years or until you turn 100.
The advantages of permanent life insurance:
- Your premiums are fixed and guaranteed;
- Available with or without a cash value. Available with or without a cash surrender value, which will increase over time and can be used as you wish. Starting on the 10th anniversary of your policy, you can get the guaranteed accumulated amount;
- Depending on your situation, you can change the amount insured at your convenience;
- You can add riders to your policy, such as child insurance, disability coverage or critical illness insurance;
- This life insurance policy includes an indemnity in case of extreme disability at no cost.
SSQ Life Insurance offers three types of permanent life insurance coverage: Whole Life 20, Whole Life 100 and Term 100.
Whole Life 20
The Whole Life 20 insurance policy allows you to pay out the insurance contract after 20 years, providing lifetime protection for your loved ones.
Whole Life 100
Whole Life 100 is the perfect life insurance policy for business owners. It's designed to help you minimize the financial contingencies caused by the sudden loss of a partner.
With the tax-free death benefit, it's easier to keep your business going and plan for the surrender of shares.
In addition, some people use the guaranteed surrender values after the 10th year of your policy as compensation when a partner leaves for retirement.
Term 100 insurance
Term 100 insurance meets the needs of more traditional permanent life insurance.
Regardless of your reality, Term 100 insurance is designed for people looking for simple and affordable comprehensive coverage.
Universal life insurance
Universal life insurance is insurance combined with a tax-sheltered savings product. It is designed to simplify your finances and increase the value of your estate.
The advantages of universal life insurance:
- You can change the amount of insurance in your policy and the amount of premium payments;
- You can decide to reinvest or pay your premiums with your accumulated funds;
- You can add riders to your policy, such as term or critical illness insurance.
As a two-part product (life insurance and savings), universal life insurance adjusts to your needs.
First, you decide whether you want to pay your insurance premiums in an increasing or uniform manner:
- An increasing cost of insurance means that your premiums will be lower to start with and increase as you get older.This allows you to accumulate more savings at the beginning of your insurance policy.
- A uniform insurance cost, on the other hand, will remain the same over the years.
Similarly, you can choose how the death benefit would be paid to your beneficiaries in the event of your death:
- An increasing death benefit, which implies that the amount that will be paid to your beneficiaries will be equal to the amount of insurance added to the amount accumulated in savings.
- A level death benefit, which implies that the amount that will be paid to your beneficiaries will be equal to the greater of your insurance amount and the amount accumulated in savings. This option benefits people whose insurance needs do not change over time.